Wishing all my blog readers a very Merry Christmas and a fantastic Festive Season. Downunder it's the usual horrid hot Summer weather with a hearty dash of horrendous humidity ... Ho, Ho, Ho!
We occasionally head into the city to take an early evening walk along the Strand, which is a very lengthy boulevard right beside the ocean, but even then it's no cooler than our spot out here in the foothills.
I occasionally suffer the torments of the kitchen to do some baking for Christmas. One of my favourite Christmas treats are the moorish Bailey's Irish Cream Balls ... which are my alternative to Rum Balls, as I really don't enjoy the taste of rum.
Unfortunately the Summer conditions prevent me from spending a great deal of time out in the garden ... it will remain relatively unloved for a little bit longer yet! Luckily the plants seem to be still thriving and there's still lots of great colour in quite a few corners of the garden.
Of course, as we count down to Christmas, we're getting more and more excited about visiting our eldest son and our grandchildren. Whilst we'll miss spending Christmas Day with them, we're on the plane the very next morning and heading off for a visit ... can't wait!
Instead of finishing off the post just yet, I thought I'd add two little extras today.
First ... I'm not sure where I saw this (wish I could take the credit but I can't), and I think it's just spot on!
You know it's an Australian Summer when....
1. The best parking space is determined by shade instead of distance.
2. Hot water comes out of both taps.
3. You learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron.
4. The temperature drops below 35deg C and you feel a little chilly.
5. You discover that it only takes two fingers to steer your car.
6. You discover that you can get sunburnt through your car window.
7. You develop a fear of metal car door handles.
8. You break into a sweat the instant you awake.
9. You're still soaking wet after you've dried off from your shower.
10.You catch a cold from having the aircon full blast while you sleep during the night.
Now ... for a bit of fun. Please go to the sidebar, turn off the Playlist ... and then sing-a-long with this beloved Aussie Christmas ballad.
For other fabulous Mosaic Monday posts, go and take a look at Mary's blog Little Red House