Monday, March 1, 2010

Mosaic Monday - Valuable Violas.

It's the first day of Autumn here in north-eastern Oz ... that means it's the beginning of the best growing time for my garden.  I've already started sowing seeds and potting up cuttings for my annual/perennial display out in my courtyard garden ... so today's mosaic is a promise of things to come.

I particularly like violas as part of my display because they last so long for me, are virtually pest-free and give the most beautiful display of colours.  I just love to pop them in any corner of a potted plant I can find and then wait for them to spill out over the pot in all their splendour!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the beautiful Viola mosaic Bernie. My daughter loves their cheerful little faces :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're most welcome GG ... they're one of my favourite annuals. I think I even prefer them over pansies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Violas and they seem to hold up better than my Pansies when it heats up.

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Violas and pansies are some of my favorite flowers! I start my own from seed the first week of January, to have them ready to set out in March or April. I have been growing and saving seed from one called Historic Mix, a non-hybrid, heirloom mix. It is lovey and so hardy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely! I especially like two darkest blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First time on your blog...it's lovely. love the colors...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and will endeavour to reply to all. All comments are moderated, so spam will be fried.

Related Posts with Thumbnails